By default, telnet is disabled in SuSE.
1. Go to YAST and double click Software Management, in the search box, enter “telnet” and click SEARCH, tick on telnet-server and click ACCEPT. Then, you will be prompted to insert SuSE CD to continue the installation.
• You must have SuSE CD to continue the installation.
• The client side of telnet is already installed by default.
2. Once installed, edit the telnet file with vi editor and change disable from “yes” to “no“. Then, save the file
# vi /etc/xinetd.d/telnet
3. Finally, restart the xinetd and test the connection.
# /etc/init.d/xinetd restart # telnet <your-ip-address>