You are opening the Microsoft Excel (2013 version) but getting an error message – There was a problem sending the command to the program.
1. Close the current session and open the Microsoft Excel again. The second attempt should be working fine.
2. Now, go to FILE > Options. Switch to Advanced and scroll down till you found General. Uncheck the option Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange.
If Option 1 does not solve your problem, proceed to this step,
1. Open Control Panel > Default Program. Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
2. Look for Microsoft Excel and click Change program…
3. Click on Microsoft Office 2013 and OK.
If both options does not solve your problem, please refer to below link from Microsoft,